Short Hills Real Estate and Homes for Sale
|All Listings||$100,000 - $200,000||$200,000 - $300,000|
|$400,000 - $500,000||$500,000 - $600,000||$600,000 - $700,000|
|$700,000 - $800,000||$800,000 - $900,000||$900,000 - $1,000,000|
In the late 1800’s Stewart Hartshorn had a dream of creating a beautiful “harmonious community for people who appreciated nature.” He began by purchasing just 13 rolling acres of lightly forested land in Millburn Township, on the edge of Essex County New Jersey. The area was rich with wildlife, clear streams and powerful rivers, and Hartshorn had the explicit goal of preserving the natural beauty of the landscape.
Hartshorn energetically built a railroad station, a music hall, established a post office and increased his land holdings to 1,552 acres. What emerged was America's first-ever planned commuter suburb. Residents encouraged him to name the exclusive community after himself, this area is known as “Short Hills,” the name local Native Americans have known the region by for generations.
Short Hills New Jersey has direct rail service to Penn Station in Manhattan, New York. Points of interest include the Mall at Short Hills, the Cora Hartshorn Arboretum and Bird Sanctuary and the Paper Mill Playhouse.
Short Hills Homes & Statistics
Millburn NJ Real Estate average home sale price is $1,140,765 with an average of 55 days on the market.
The Short Hills NJ real estate market is comprised of various communities ~ Knollwood, Glenwood, Brookhaven, Country Club, Merrywood, Deerfield-Crossroads, Mountaintop, White Oak Ridge and Old Short Hills. You'll find Victorian estates and Queen Anne mansions on the curving streets of Old Short Hills. Homes here are on beautiful large lots and offer abundant luxury. The generous Colonial Revival homes in Brookhaven, Glenwood and on the steep streets of Knollwood were built in the 1920s and 1940s. Glenwood homes are very close to the train station. White Oak Ridge, Deerfield-Crossroads, Mountaintop and Country Club are newer sections of Short Hills. Here you'll find charming modern homes and ranchers. Country Club is a development dating back to 1950 with plenty of mid-century retro appeal.
Short Hills Schools
Short Hills students have the benefit of the Millburn Township school system, which was ranked among the top three in the state by New Jersey Magazine. Millburn NJ High School was ranked #1 in New Jersey. The district operates five elementary schools, a middle school and a blue ribbon high school.
- Millburn Middle School - 6-8 - 1064 Students - Old Short Hills Road, Millburn, NJ 07041 - 973-379-2600
- Millburn Senior High School - 9-12 - 1288 Students - 462 Millburn Avenue, Millburn, NJ 07041- 973-376-3600
- Deerfield Elementary School -K-5 - 507 Students - 26 Troy Lane, Short Hills, NJ 07078 - 973-379-4843
- Glenwood Elementary School -K-5 - 476 Students - 325 Taylor Road South, Short Hills, NJ 07078 - 973-379-7576
- Hartshorn Elementary School - K-5 - 558 Students - 400 Hartshorn Drive, Short Hills, NJ 07078 - 973-379-4550
- South Mountain Elementary School - K-5 - 370 Students - Southern Slope Drive, Millburn, NJ 07041 - 973-921-1294
- Wyoming Elementary School - K-5 - 318 Students - 55 Myrtle Avenue, Millburn, NJ 07041 - 973-761-1619
* Indicates a Required Field.
Morris Township NJ Real Estate Condo/townhome Sales for April 2013 Recent Morris Township NJ Real Estate condo/townhom...Add Comment Read More
Morristown NJ Real Estate If you're looking for an easy carefree lifestyle, maybe a townhome or condo is the way to go. Mor...Add Comment Read More
Let me help you with your real estate needs whether its buying, selling or relocating.Contact Me