Tips for Staging Your Home
Staging your home before it goes on the market is key to obtain it's maximum value. I know you've heard this before but it's soooo true, you only get one chance to make a good first impression. So, don't blow it! Most potential home buyers make a positive or negative decision about a home within the first 15 seconds.
1. Curb Appeal - The first impression starts as soon as the potential buyer pulls up in front of your home! It's important to be sure all garbage cans and hoses are put away. You want your home to look warm and inviting. Plant complimentary colored flowers or buy potted flowers to put on the stoop. Be sure your lawn is mowed on a regular basis. Fix any broken lights, loose railings or pavers. This will tell buyers that your home is well-maintained on a regular basis.
2 Sunshine - People love bright, sunny homes, so open the blinds and curtains. Maybe your rooms aren't sunny. That's ok, be sure there is plenty of light and it's easy to find and turn on.
3. De-Personalize - We all have picture of our loved ones and special moments around the house. It's time to pack these memories away. Buyers will try to envision their life in your home and thats what we want to encourage. Your special memories will be moving to a new home with you!
4. De-clutter - It's not real life, but homes tend to show better when they almost look like no one lives there. Clear your counters and tables of most items except perhaps one or two relevant to the room. A decorative wine bottle on the kitchen counter alont with some fresh flowers. A home decorating book or magazine on the coffee table in the living room.
This includes furniture. You know the bedroom with the office desk and the treadmill. These work for everyday life, but when your home is on the market, you want the rooms to look as big as possible. The more 'stuff' you have in a room, the smaller it becomes.
5. Cabinets and Closets - We want to keep the good impression flowing right thru to your tidy linen closet and kitchen cabinets.
6. Sweet Smelling Homes - Get seasonal potpourri or candles and place them in each room. If it's the right time of year, open the windows and let the fresh air circulate thru your home.
7. Clean, Scrub, Dust - Do I even need to say it?!
Take these steps and you'll be that much closer to securing the best buyer for your home.
* Indicates a Required Field.
Morris Township Real Estate Condo/townhome Sales for April 2013 Recent Morris Township Real Estate condo/townhome sale...Add Comment Read More
Morristown Townhomes and Condos If you're looking for an easy carefree lifestyle, maybe a townhome or condo is the way to go....Add Comment Read More
Let me help you with your real estate needs whether its buying, selling or relocating.Contact Me